National Health Federation’s
MONTHLY HEALTH FREEDOM BRAINSTORM!
October 21, 2022, at Noon EASTERN TIME
(9:00 a.m. Pacific Time)
What #HealthFreedom reforms shall we demand of our Candidates?
● Senator Nathan Dahm (R-OK)
● Twila Brase, RN, cofounder, Citizens Council for Health Freedom
● Dean Clancy, Senior Health Policy Fellow, Americans for Prosperity
● Katy Talento, Executive Director, Alliance of Healthcare Sharing Ministries
Hosted by NHF lobbyist Charles Frohman and PR Director Alex Landry
By receiving this email, you will be emailed again - an hour before the event - with the zoom info. To invite friends to join, just forward this Alert to them and have them subscribe to NHF’s eList.
(1) Using competitive certification to dry up licensing. A politician is proposing regulation of Medical Cost Sharing companies that wonderfully have entered the market to compete with health insurance companies. Ms. Talento’s organization countered with accreditation as a superior way to give quality to consumers. Senator Dahm has taken this solution further, with a bill to allow workers in any occupation to escape licensing as long as they follow the criteria in a registered, private certification organization. The potential of this bill to open up health care to consumers and healers, whom NHF has protected for decades, is IMMENSE. NHF has a campaign you can send to your Reps in all 50 States, to introduce this bill.
(2) Expanding health plan cash payment to solicit patients to care about reform. Ever since Hillary tried to shove everyone into a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) capped with Medicare price controls, conservatives have countered with personal responsibility via tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Mr. Clancy includes HSAs in his campaign, which his organization has dubbed “Personal Option.” Interestingly, his proposal polls better than those enabling further government takeover of healthcare. NHF hopes that you’ll send our email for expanded HSAs, especially to allow nutritional-supplement purchases to be included in the program.
(3) Putting the dagger in mandatory nutritional supplementation listing. Senator Durbin is unhinged. Despite defeat in the FDA User Fee Reauthorization effort, he now threatens to hold hostage any remaining “must-pass” legislation unless it includes his proposal to forbid sales of new dietary supplements that fail to report to the FDA. Mandating the listing of new products would enable the FDA to refuse to accept submissions from companies whose products – especially those like CBD or COVID-19-treating NAC – it arbitrarily declares not to be supplements. Even if you have already sent NHF’s email against this proposal, please send it again.
(4) Tracking Americans like livestock. Congress wants a National ID for every patient, and half the States have set up an infrastructure for vaccine passports. For decades Ms. Brase’s organization has opposed the loose data privacy rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the REAL ID system now manifesting via State drivers’ licenses. Tagging Americans like livestock will lead to a “no card, no care” system, and coerce compliance with medical mandates. NHF has its own campaign opposing such tracking (and further centralization of vaccine registries and World Health Organization (WHO) pandemic policies).
(5) Holding politicians’ feet to the fire. Like NHF, Ms. Brase also advocates real insurance and an end to interference in the doctor-patient relationship. She will lead a discussion on what reforms candidates should promise – including a COVID-19 Corruption Investigation by INDEPENDENT experts unencumbered by corporate ties – before they should receive our vote. Please send NHF’s questionnaire to your incumbents and their challengers, both Federal and State.
During Q&A you will be able to ask any question of any guest. Kindly find the “reactions” tab at the Zoom controls and click the “raise hand” icon when you want to speak.
P.S. As health-freedom advocates approach yet another election, we hope you appreciate the efforts of NHF to give you a voice not only in Congress, but also in the UN’s Codex Alimentarius food harmonization system. Since 1955, the National Health Federation has defended consumers and healers from over-burdensome regulation and nature from cartelization schemes by the global elitists. You could help these efforts with your energy and support, with a one-time or regular donation.